Subject: Re: segfaults
To: None <masanobu@iij.ad.jp, port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Tyrel Beede <tb90@mail.csuchico.edu>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/25/2001 22:53:37
Also, yesterday I wrote(more like cloned) the keyboard device driver into a
controller driver which behaves like a keyboard and I'm getting segfaults of
the same kind from the kernel... It was a quick job to get the dreamcast
controller up and working... the driver understands key presses and such,
however, it is unable to write information to the console.  Whenever it
wskbd_input's nothing happens.  I think what might be happing is that for
some reason durring wskbd_attach it calls wskbd_load_keymap and in the
wskbd_load_keymap it segfaults, thus the keyboard map isn't getting loaded or
attached or something.  Anyway, I'm wondering if/how/why the kernel is
allowed to fault like this and keep operating... Also if the keyboard map
isn't getting loaded why isn't there an error message or something...

Thanks
Tyrel