Subject: any success with burncd?
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Neil Ludban <nludban@columbus.rr.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/21/2001 19:27:26
Just wondering if anyone has successfully created a dreamcast bootable
CD using the FreeBSD "burncd" program instead of "cdrecord"...  I keep
getting errors, and haven't been able to conclude whether the problem
is with the burner, the program, or the driver:

> ## 123 tigger:~/NetBSD/dreamcast/ >> burncd -s 1 audio audio.raw
>                                               XAmode1 data.raw
> next writeable LBA 0
> writing from file audio.raw size 689 KB
> written this track 689 KB (100%) total 689 KB
> next writeable LBA 452
> writing from file data.raw size 3868 KB
>
> only wrote -1 of 32768 bytes

and on the console:

> acd0: WRITE_BIG - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=24 ascq=00 error=04

It's an HP-9100i CD/RW with an IDE interface.  It's worked quite
well for doing backups.  The technical details in the manual don't
mention which types of tracks it is supposed to be able to write.
I may also try moving this drive to either a NetBSD or Windoze
machine...

Which CD burner models have people had success with?  All SCSI?  Any
IDE or USB?  Is this something that's unlikely to be supported in
current models?

Thanks-

	--Neil