Subject: Re: PS/2 keyboard adaptor
To: None <sakamoto@splhack.org>
From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@idonex.se>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/17/2001 16:36:12

  Kazuki> Hi,

  Kazuki> I've tried PS/2 keyboard adaptor for DC with PS/2 keyboard.
  Kazuki> http://www.karat-jp.com/products/dc/dc_keyad/dc_keyad.html

  Kazuki> This adapter replies 0x04(LCD?) by MAPLE_COMMAND_GETCOND,
  Kazuki> so, htonl(sc->sc_rxbuf[p][s][1]) == u->getcond_func
  Kazuki>  (line 328 in maple.c) doesn't match.
  Kazuki> PS/2 keyboard can be used if this line is skipped...

Ugga, that's seriously broken.  A keypress state is _not_ an LCD state
(I don't even think the LCD function _has_ a condition state, it only
 has a memory block).  The designer of that adaptor should be shot.
I don't know if it makes sense to have a kernel option to accept such
buggy behaviour...

  // Marcus