Subject: Re: mounting cdrom
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: David Carlin <djc6@scl.cwru.edu>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/16/2001 13:06:49
On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Marcus Comstedt wrote:

> These should be block (buffered) special, not character special.

Okay, I fixed that (thanks!)

# ls -al /dev/gdrom0a
brw-r-----  1 root  operator  19, 0 Feb 16 17:42 /dev/gdrom0a

But now when I try to mount stuff, I get this error (but no more device
not configured):

# mount -t cd9660 -r /dev/gdrom0a /cdrom
mount_cd9660: /dev/gdrom0a on /cdrom: Invalid argument

I looked at the man pages for mount, everythin looks okay... does it not
like the 'gdrom' device?  Is it looking for cd* or something similar?

I tried naming the device "cd0a" just to try it, and it didn't help:

# ls -al cd0a*
brw-r-----  1 root  operator  19, 0 Feb 16 18:03 cd0a
# mount -t cd9660 -r /dev/cd0a /cdrom
mount_cd9660: /dev/cd0a on /cdrom: Invalid argument

The example in the man page for mount shows this:

	   CD-ROM
		   mount -t cd9660 -r /dev/cd0a /cdrom

So I don't see which 'invalid' arguments I am passing (filesystem type,
read-only).  And yes, the mount point is valid.

Thanks for any suggestions!

		-David