Subject: ELF vs. COFF builds
To: None <>
From: Tyrel Beede <>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/11/2001 18:19:41
I was lurking around in addition to reading a few mails to
the list by Andrew and I was wondering what the purpose would be to have
a a system built in the elf binary format vs. the coff format.  As
marcus's web page( lists some information about creating
your own bootable CDs and it shows commands given on an elf file to make
it compatable with the format for 1ST_READ.bin and I was wondering what
the relevant command would be for a coff format file as I have used the
cross-compiler in this coff format(i bet they might just be very similar
but I'm not an expert) Also, if anybody out there with an elf
cross-compile enviroement could quickly list the basic sets to get a elf
toolchain working it would be great.