Subject: Re: booting on DC's that can't read CDs
To: None <pjcabrera@mindspring.com>
From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@idonex.se>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/09/2001 01:26:34
>>>>> "pjcabrera" == pjcabrera  <pjcabrera@mindspring.com> writes:

  pjcabrera> What if I were to use a PC to upload a DC program I or someone else developed (like a kernel bootloader) to a webserver, and download it with the DC browser?  The DC browser could then take the place of the serial or IP loaders.

  pjcabrera> With the DC broadband adapter, you could network the non-CD-booting Dreamcast to your dev PC, and use the PC to serve up the DC software through Apache and NFS.

  pjcabrera> Does anyone know what format the browser expects downloaded DC games to be in?  Could we still use ELF executables?

The available browsers will execute JavaScript and Shockwave Flash.
If you're lucky.  There's no way they're going to execute binary code
downloaded from the net.

  // Marcus