Subject: Re: Various Dreamcast offers seen this weekend; Q's about DC noise
To: Rob Healey <rhealey@norstar.com>
From: wallshot <wallshot@twistedgeeks.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/05/2001 10:38:17
On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Rob Healey wrote:

> 	Does anyone's DC seem to make alot of fan noise? Sounds a bit loud to
> 	me especially since this is a console and so you want to hear the
> 	bone chilling screams of the slaughtered and not some fan buzzing...

It's loud but I consider it well worth the hardware power and variety. I
usually have the volume turned up high enough that I don't notice the fan,
until the TV is off, and a game is on pause with the DC running in an
otherwise silent room.

I was so excited to get Andrew's discjuggler image to boot. I am confused
as to which diskless boot instructions I am looking for on the website,
and whether i need the hpcsh (what's that?) snapshot with the broadband
adapter, or just without.  At the moment I am getting a cannot mount root
filesystem error.  I know little of NetBSD, but am a FreeBSD user and am
eager to be able to use my DC as a unix machine. I was thinking NFS'd
filesystem across our LAN should work. Guess I'll wait for more bits of
411 to flow through the list.

Thanks to everybody who is helping make this happen!

-John