Subject: Various Dreamcast offers seen this weekend; Q's about DC noise levels
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Healey <rhealey@norstar.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/05/2001 11:23:16
FYI,

	Seen around town this weekend:

	1: BestBuy has a $119.00 offer for DC + 12 Genesis games ported to DC.
	   The units seemed to be from the June 2000 production run for the US.

	2: Circuit City has the $99.95 till tomorrow, Tuesday. Again, they
	   were June 2000 US production runs.

	I went for the Circuit City deal 'cuz I still have all the Genesis
	games on my Genesis...

	I believe June 2000 is one of the verified boots CD-R models; I think
	Jason(?) has one from this batch.

	Does anyone's DC seem to make alot of fan noise? Sounds a bit loud to
	me especially since this is a console and so you want to hear the
	bone chilling screams of the slaughtered and not some fan buzzing...

	Hopefully my "backordered" BBA and keyboard will arrive soon so I
	can start NetBSD'ing.

	Anybody have a favorite source for the serial cable? I'd like to
	dabble on that end of things till the BBA arrives.

		-Rob