Subject: Re: TCP/IP settings
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Gary <gary@spiritwars.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/04/2001 15:31:58
On Sun, 4 Feb 2001, Marcus Comstedt wrote:

> I haven't had time to write a page about the system FLASH (there's
> pretty much to say about it).  But the TCP/IP settings are all there.
> Including a hostname, if you have set it using Broadband Passport.

Hmm. I couldn't parse where to enter a host name. I managed to get DHCP
config'd, however. At one point I was getting a weird entry in
client-hostname in /var/db/dhcpd.leases but it seems to have cleared up
now without my having changed anything. It probably tranlated to something
in a Japanese character set.

> Which reminds me.  If I were to write a device driver for the system
> FLASH, what kind of device should it be?  The main parts are organized

A RAM disk shows up as a block device, doesn't it?

Would anyone have any interest in writing a stand-alone app to configure
the broadband adapter? I've yet to make the leap beyond some minor shell
and perl scripting so I'd only be helpful in testing, etc.

-Gary