Subject: Re: Hardware Required for DC Port?
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Gary <gary@spiritwars.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/03/2001 11:23:52
On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, Andrew Gillham wrote:

> > What about the Extra Memory units, Etc?
> Not needed to boot NetBSD.  Where can you buy these?

I'm guessing that he's referring to VMS/VMUs. You can get a Nexus 16M VMU
from lik-sang.com. Other 4M bank-switching units are available at local
stores but don't get the official Sega one since it's had some
incompatibility issues. You'll want to track down a cable for it, too, if
you want to meddle with the files from your PC.

Natch, these are of little help to the NetBSD port unless someone can
figure out how to load a kernel into one of the 16M unit's 4M banks and
boot it.

-Gary