Subject: Re: newer browser
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Gary <gary@spiritwars.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/31/2001 14:00:09
On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Josh Brandt wrote:

> Also in there, it mentions that there's a beta of the newer browser on the
> Chu Chu Rocket CD that you can use to get to other sites by hooking up a
> keyboard and hitting control-O or something like that. Then you can type in
> URLs and go. They claim it supports more multimedia formats and things, too.

The DreamKey browser is much older than the PlanetWeb 2.6 browser. It's
doubtful that it supports as much as the other (eg Flash 3, MP3, etc) but
would require some testing to prove for sure. Last I read, PlanetWeb 3.0
will include Java and broadband support. In addition, I believe DreamKey
is developed by yet another 3rd party but I don't recall for sure...

See this page for the DreamKey features:
http://www.game-revolution.com/games/codes/dreamcast/chu_chu_rocket.htm

-Gary