Subject: Re: ipslave
To: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@idonex.se>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/29/2001 20:10:37
On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 05:03:35AM +0100, Marcus Comstedt wrote:

 > It probably shouldn't use DHCP is a fixed IP and default gateway etc
 > is present in the flash though.  Btw, what do you type at the "boot
 > device" prompt to boot from NFS?  I've come far enough with the
 > ethernet driver to actually be able to try this now...

Cool.

rtk0

I'm thinking that a new NetBSD/dreamcase boot program that did DHCP
and NFS would be pretty cool!  No need to configure any slave loader,
or frob any ARP entries.  And, we have a good framework to do this with.

...just burn the bootloader onto a CD-R and go!  And then it'll netboot
like any other NetBSD system.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>