Subject: Re: Broadband adapter == RTL8139C
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/26/2001 13:47:38
> > 	also we need to give drivers io memory base addresses from
> > 	kernel configuration file (device locator), not from hardcoded
> > 	header file values.  i'm trying to look at it...
>Well, OTOH, all Dreamcast devices are at one address, right?

	some of (or all of?) SH3 flavors have multiple "scif" device on it
	(serial port devide on SH3 - shbus), so it makes more sense to
	have lines like follows:

scif0	at shb? port 0x01234667
scif1	at shb? port 0xabcdef01

	than to have these addresses hardcoded into the drivers.
	whether "port" is appropriate for locator name, is another question.
	the sh3 driver autoconfig logic was taken from i386...

itojun