Subject: booting on DC's that can't read CDs
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Lucas Cornelisse <lucas@trunks.dhs.org>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/22/2001 01:17:49
Hey guys,

Just a thought about DC's that won't be able to boot from CD's:

there are a few (remotely possible) solutions we could consider,
(i think somebody mentioned this) how about net booting? i don't
think that that would be too much of a hassle..

another option could be the alleged Zip-Drive that is supposedly coming
out any day now..

or even (here's a big stretch) putting a bootloader/kernel on a VMU, and nfs
mount (or zipdrive) the filesystem.. maybe we could even set kernel options
on the VMU interface, that would be pretty cool..

i would guess that these would require a little co-operation from Sega..

cheers!

--
Lucas Cornelisse
lucas@trunks.dhs.org