Subject: Re: gdrom
To: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@idonex.se>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/21/2001 08:33:47
On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 03:10:25PM +0100, Marcus Comstedt wrote:

 > I'm working on it.  I have all the hardware access code ready, so now
 > I only need to figure out how the CD-ROM interface in NetBSD works...
 > :-)

Does it look like an atapi drive, or is it something else entirely?  I'm
guessing "something else entirely".

The NetBSD CD-ROM interface is really quite easy.  You need to provide
the bdevsw[]/cdevsw[] entry points for a disk, and in gdrstrategy()
simply need to queue up the requests and then have a gdrstart() that
starts the next one, called both from gdrstrategy() and from the routine
that handles I/O completion (to keep the queue going).

I'd be happy to help you with this.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>