Subject: Re: Maple bus should be direct config
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@idonex.se>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/19/2001 23:45:46

  Jason> Looks the the Maple bus is a direct config bus.  The patch below should
  Jason> make it behave like a direct config bus in the NetBSD kernel.  I don't
  Jason> know if this compiles yet (don't have my cross compile environment up),
  Jason> but you can get the idea about that should happen from the patch.

  Jason> This, or something like it, should be committed to the tree.

Ok, does this help supporting hotplugging of units?  Or what benefits
do you get from this patch?

  Jason>   	if (pnp != NULL)
  Jason> ! 		printf("%s %s at %s", ma->ma_devinfo->di_product_license,
  Jason> ! 		    ma->ma_devinfo->di_product_name, pnp);

Just using %s to print di_product_name and di_product_license might
not work so well, as these fields are not NUL-terminated, but instead
padded with space.  Also, printing the di_product_license might be
considered a waste of space.  This information could be made available
through procfs or something if you really want it.

  // Marcus