Subject: Re: So, did I scare everyone off, or is the list broken?
To: Daniel Seagraves <dseagrav@sakura.lunar-tokyo.net>
From: Greg Gonnerman <greg_gonnerman@yahoo.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/13/2001 14:04:05
--- Daniel Seagraves <dseagrav@sakura.lunar-tokyo.net>
wrote:
> Is anybody out there?

I'm here!

How many people are actively involved in this
project? Who is working on what?

I'm seriously time-constrained and my experience
with device drivers and kernel internals is
limited, so I'm afraid I'm not going to be much
help.

With John Byrd 'in the loop', has anyone considered
presenting him with a wish-list of what's needed
to move this project forward quickly? It sounds
like he is thinking more along the lines of
assisting with design validation and test.

How about specific technical issues... should
this team try to implement some type of process
for presenting Sega with specific technical
questions, or requests for information? I've
worked on porting several real-time OS's to
alternate platforms (mostly in the area of
design validation), and it's always much
easier to do a port when you can contact the
hardware and software gurus when you run up
against a problem you can't solve.

Any thoughts?

Greg