Subject: Re: Where's the bootin info?
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Dietrich <Dietrich_Joerg@t-online.de>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/10/2001 22:15:43
>    Also, I saw, downloaded, and played around with a Linux image (on
> http://www.dcemulation.com) that appears to be a version of Linux running
> a framebuffer console.  It also seems to accept input from the gamepad
> (Start is enter, ABXY seem to push the appropriate buttons--I do not have
> a keyboard, so could not tell you if that works).  Does anyone know if
> this is for-real, or just a hoax designed to look like Linux?  The source
> does not seem to be available, but if it were, would it help out with the
> BSD video and keyboard drivers?

Yes LinuxDC is real! See http://linuxdc.sourceforge.net for details.
And it is a bit more complete than NetBSD, the worlds most portable OS ;)
I do have a dreamcast keyboard and it sorrily doesn't work with the
mentioned image from dcemulation. I am now looking for commands, which
consist only of the letters ABXY :)

johnboy