Subject: Re: Boot instructions
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: William Anderson <neuro@well.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/10/2001 04:12:13
hello :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Johan Danielsson" <joda@pdc.kth.se>
To: "Marcus Comstedt" <marcus@idonex.se>
Cc: <dseagrav@sakura.lunar-tokyo.net>; <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 1:39 AM

> Marcus Comstedt <marcus@idonex.se> writes:
>
> > To use a PC keyboard takes more than a soldering iron (the protocols
> > are totally different, so you need active logic), but there are
> > 3rd-party adapters available from your favourite Hong Kong importer.
>
> It's really sad that game consoles can't just use USB, not even the
> x-box (which is just a pc) seem to have it.

PS2 has two USB ports and one i-Link (IEEE-1394 FireWire) port as standard.
There was talk of a USB add-on for Dreamcast a while back, but I've seen
nothing since.

From the MS posted specs, X-Box has 4 'controller ports' but they don't state
if they are USB.  It's still quite a few months before X-Box ships in the US,
so I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to have USB on-board.

--
 _ __   ___ _   _ _ __ ___  |      William Anderson - www.well.com/~neuro