Subject: Re: Boot instructions
To: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@idonex.se>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/10/2001 02:39:06
Marcus Comstedt <marcus@idonex.se> writes:

> To use a PC keyboard takes more than a soldering iron (the protocols
> are totally different, so you need active logic), but there are
> 3rd-party adapters available from your favourite Hong Kong importer.

It's really sad that game consoles can't just use USB, not even the
x-box (which is just a pc) seem to have it.

I guess the reason is that it's in general belief that they can make
more money by inventing their own protocol, but I wonder what
difference that really makes. I just assume that the companies that
make joysticks for PC's also make joysticks for nintendos and
playstations.

/Johan