Subject: Re: Boot instructions
To: <>
From: Daniel Seagraves <dseagrav@sakura.lunar-tokyo.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/09/2001 10:35:11
On Wed, 10 Jan 2001 itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

> >Anyway, the point of this post (Yes, it has a point!) - Where are you all
> >getting keyboards for the dreamcast?  Mine didn't come with one.  Can you
> >just take a soldering iron to a PC keyboard and make one?
>
> 	I don't think keyboards (Sega ships keyboards, yes) are supported.
> 	http://mc.pp.se/dc/sw.html should have some hints...

Oooh, it doesn't have keyboard stuff, but it's got other interesting toys.
In any case, I have a few spare VT220s, so if it can take a serial console
I'll be OK. :P  I might go bug Best Buy later like the other guy said. In
any case, it says the serial port is the only way to go, so it's fine for
me.  I have a real live VT100-AA here too, but I only use it on one of the
VAXen because the serial recive buffer is dismally small, anything faster
than 2400 baud will flood it out.

I get the impression that the Dreamcast has a lot of toys that are FJO,
like all of the decent anime-related toys... (sigh)