Subject: Re: Boot instructions
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Seagraves <dseagrav@sakura.lunar-tokyo.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/09/2001 10:20:46
On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Lennart Augustsson wrote:

> Could someone who has booted NetBSD on the Dreamcast put together
> a short description on how it's done?  A kernel at the FTP site would also
> be nice.

Well, if the kernel cross-compiles, you should be able to build on any box
you have around running NetBSD, right?  In my case, the only machine I
have running NetBSD is a VAX.  (My house network rules. There's only two
80x86 machines on it, my PC (Win95/Linux dualboot), my parents' PC
(Win98), and two VAXen (NetBSD on one, VAX/VMS on the other), a PDP-11
(2.11BSD, but the disk controller has croaked), another PDP-11 (RSTS/E,
hard disk is dead), a non-running PDP-10, and a Macintosh. :P  I need to
scare up another 80x86 box so I can run NetBSD on it...)

Anyway, the point of this post (Yes, it has a point!) - Where are you all
getting keyboards for the dreamcast?  Mine didn't come with one.  Can you
just take a soldering iron to a PC keyboard and make one?

(Yes, I know this can probably be looked up somewhere, but I'm busy at the
moment, and I wanted to test posting to the list anyway.  I just
configured this machine a couple days ago, and in a very large hurry, so
I'm not exactly sure it works as it should at the moment.)