Subject: Re: State of device drivers?
To: None <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@idonex.se>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/07/2001 19:25:10

  Lennart> What's the state of the device drivers for the Dreamcast?
  Lennart> I can think of (at least) the following that would be useful:
  Lennart> wscons for the display
  Lennart> wskbd for the keyboard
  Lennart> wsmouse for the mouse
  Lennart> audio for the sound system
  Lennart> CD ROM

These are the ones I intend to start with, except for audio which can
wait a bit.  And then ethernet of course, once I get the adapter.  The
first thing to do is to move the port over to use MI WSCONS I suppose.
I don't have any idea how to do that though, so if someone could give
me a hand it would be appreciated.  :-)

  Lennart> I don't have a Dreamcast, but I'm considering getting one to do some
  Lennart> NetBSD hacking.  Is there enough information about the hardware
  Lennart> to get it all supported under NetBSD?

There are some devices such as the modem which is not explored enough,
but the ones you mentioned above can be done with the info I have
today.

  // Marcus