Re: Packages for Cobalt NetBSD 5.2.2 ?

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 2:15 AM, Mark Smith <markinnz%gmail.com@localhost>
wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've been away from NetBSD/Cobalt for a while so forgotten far too much! :-)
>
> I just installed 5.2.2 onto my Qube2, which went nicely, but where do I find
> the package repository for 5.2.2 for when I use "pkg_add" ?
>
> I added "http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/cobalt/5.1/All/";
> but apart from not being for "5.2.2" it doesn't have things like "wget" and
> other utils.
>
> Is there a proper repository I should be using ?
>
> Basically I want to get the Qube2 up and going to use as a dumping ground for
> files (DR target basically, will locate it 800m away in my other property)

First question: Is it stable at 5.2.2? There was some stability issues recently.

You just have to use the latest one for cobalt and hope for the best.
The latest one appears to be the one you mentioned. If it doesn't have
what you need, you need to get pkgsrc and build it yourself, but you
could start hitting dependency issues. This is the way of things. If
you choose a pkgsrc which is near the same date as the binary package
repository, it might work best.

Andy