Re: [OT] RaQ2 and power

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Dave J. Barnes <djb.pizza%gmail.com@localhost>
wrote:
>>Setup: RAQ2, NetBSD 5.0, 256 mb of memory, 2.5" drive, no fan.
>>Observation: when the fan is connected, no problems occur whatsoever.
>
> The 12 volt supply needs a minimum load. Normally, the 3.5 inch disk drive
> meets the requirement.
> However, the 2.5 inch drive uses 5 V only. So, no load on 12 volt supply.

I've never heard of anyone else having this problem, so my guess is
the power supply isn't as steady as it used to be.

So if you're talking about minimum load, are you also suggesting that
this might be an over-voltage problem?

My Qube2 (different power supply? Don't know) never had a problem with
a 2.5" drive.

Andy