Re: NetBSD 4.0 "opcode not supported on this processor:mips1"...

> My primary DNS server drive died sometime between last night and this
> morning so I'm trying to build BIND from scratch on one of my other
> boxes but it's died with the attached error.
>
> I've read some notes that changing things in the CFLAG line might
> resolve this but I'm clueless as to what needs to be changed.  This
> is a RAQ running 4.0 with 65M of RAM.
>
> A little help here for an unemployed flu-riddled geek? ;-)

One easy solution is to use pkgsrc:
http://www.NetBSD.org/docs/pkgsrc/using.html#using-pkg
ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/net/bind96/README.html

Even if you want to build it from scratch,
pkgsrc work may still be useful:
http://cvsweb.NetBSD.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/net/bind96/Makefile#rev1.8
>> Assembly language atomic operations don't work on NetBSD  mipsel, so
>>   disable them with CONFIGURE_ARGS.

---
Izumi Tsutsui