Re: serial to IP adapter?

..I'd rather be coding ASM! writes:

 > I suspect by the sound of it, he wants a central machine with multiple
 > serial ports hanging off it to control 'n' machines. But, perhaps I've
 > mis-understood also.

What used to be called a "terminal server", like the old Spider Atom,
where you could telnet to a port on a server, and be presented with a
connection to whatever was hanging off a particular serial onthe
server.

You can get similar functionality with "termnet".

--
In fourteen months I've only smiled once and I didn't do it consciously