Re: 5.0_RC2 restorecd

On 1/03/2009, at 3:49 PM, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

The restorecd uses stock i386 GENERIC kernel so it would be better
to ask about Parallels on port-i386, but did you choose "Disable ACPI"
on boot menu or not? Is it really attimer0 (which is at isa0),
not attimer1 (at acpi0)?

If it's one at isa0, it might be worth to disable isapnp0 on
userconf prompt:
- select "5. Drop to boot prompt" on boot menu
- "boot -c" on the ">" prompt on bootloader
- "disable isapnp0" and "quit" at "uc>" prompt on userconf(4)
 http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?userconf+4+NetBSD-5.0

Hiya.

I tried disabling ACPI, same result,
And disablng isapnp0 also still gives the same result.

I may have to resort to rummaging in the cupboards to see if I have enough bits to make a PC :-)

I have read elsewhere that it is an issue with the GENERIC builds .. but not seen any fix or workaround yet.

Thanks

Mark