Re: 4.0.1 brandnew restorecd

achowe%snert.com@localhost wrote:

> How does this compare to the previous 4.99.72?  The version numbering
> confuses me, so I wonder if there other differences that still make the
> 4.99.72 better as an initial install CD?

For 4.0.x (security/patch releases) vs 4.99.xx (-current):
http://www.NetBSD.org/releases/release-map.html

- Current might have some advanced features,
  but it could be the "bleeding edge."
  (Note compiled kernels in restorecd contains some patches
   to pull several cobalt specific improvements from -current.
   See README-4.0.1 file for details)
- 4.0.1 binaries are always provided on ftp,
  but -current snapshot will be removed after a few days
  so it isn't easy to re-create specific -current of restorecd

For restorecd itself, newer version contains the 'rescue' feature.
If there is some demand for -current restorecd with the feature,
I'd update it.
---
Izumi Tsutsui