Re: Rescue CD 20081015...WORKS!

Mike Hebel wrote:
Worked like a charm on the '2700!

I deliberately locked it up with a bad kernel that wouldn't get past the network. Powered it off physically then started up the rescue CD on my diskless Dell I keep around for just such a purpose.

I was able to netboot the Qube and telnet to it from the rescue CD console and revert the kernel. It did a fsck on reboot but was otherwise okay. Now I can finally button up the Raq1 I've had sitting here for a while.

All hail Izumi Tsutsui!

*bows in respect*

:-)

And I've had to use it twice tonight. Once because the 4.99.72 09/12 restore CD would not let me telnet to the box.

And the other time because...I forgot to *mumble**mumble* /etc/group.

So it's a definite workable solution. :-)
--
Mike Hebel

In the end the journey only matters if you've helped someone along the way.