Re: Compiling kernel for Qube2700WG?

A talking watermelon whispered a message to me from: Izumi Tsutsui
> nimitz%nimitzbrood.com@localhost wrote:
>
>> I don't have a serial console to watch but it looks like it tries
>> to netboot the kernel then stops cold.  This happens only with the
>> 2700.  It'll netboot the original reload CD just fine but NetBSD
>> and Linux it won't do.
>
> Which version did you try?

I believe it was the September 4.0 rescue image.

> 4.0 restorecd prior to 20080302 doesn't support 2700
> so try the latest (20080513) one or 4.99.72 (-current) restorecd.
> The -current bootloader will print boot banner to the LCD
> so you could see if at least the native bootloader is properly loaded
> via network.

That would certainly help.

> I've also put updated 4.99.72 restorecd (built with 20081006 snapshot):
> ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/cobalt/restore-cd/4.99.72
> and it just works on my 2700:

Thanks!  I'll download that when I get home tonight.

I tried just swapping the drive from one machine to another and the Qube2
drive booted in the 2700 but hung trying to configure the network.
--
Mike Hebel

                -- Dr. Who