Re: Compiling kernel for Qube2700WG?

On Oct 7, 2008, at 6:28 PM 10/7/08, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
nimitz%nimitzbrood.com@localhost wrote:

Doesn't the restore CD support those? If not, why not?

The restore CD doesn't work for the original Qube 1 models (2700) because they don't have a serial console among other things. IIRC they also need
the kernel to be below a certain size.

What makes you think so?

That was old information I had. It had to do with the original boot loader.

They fail immediately after
netboot.

How does it fails?
Does Qube2 work with the same environment?
i.e. is it Qube2700 specific?

I don't have a serial console to watch but it looks like it tries to netboot the kernel then stops cold. This happens only with the 2700. It'll netboot the original reload CD just fine but NetBSD and Linux it won't do.

That was actually my plan but I have to make a kernel that isn't going to
have a serial console in it.

The GENERIC kernel just works on 2700 even without serial console.

I'll take everybody's word for it. I stand highly corrected at this point.

--
Mike Hebel

MARS NEEDS CHOCOS! - Martian Manhunter