Re: Firewire/USB Card for Qube 2

Hi all,

On May 30, 2008, at 8:01 AM, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

Note it looks my card (combo with USB, Firewire and Gig-Ethernet)
consumes too much power and it won't work with an internal IDE disk.
(my qube gets reset right after the devices are probed or initialized)

Are you using the stock power supply? I have a custom 60W, so maybe I won't have that issue. Or do you think this is Qube-internal and has nothing to do with the power supply?

In any case, the card is quite cheap, so I'll probably order it "just for fun" in a little while, plug it in, and see what happens. :-)

BTW, I'll also experiment with replacing the boot drive with a dual CF sometime soon, but I still have no clue how I am going to set that up exactly. (That's actually the real reason why I want external disks to work, I don't want to recompile the kernel on the CF.)

It's summer, time to play with those Qubes! :-)

Cheers,
Peter