Re: Firewire/USB Card for Qube 2

attroppa%yahoo.com@localhost wrote:

> I have tried different combinations of additions to
> the kernel for USB and that was before the fix for the
> freeze I reported before. Some of them worked well,
> but after a while the kernel freezes and I am forced
> to move back to the standard kernel, coming with the
> distro.

What version did you try?

Stock 4.0 kernel doesn't support multi functino PCI devices
including ECHI with UHCI/OHCI.

Patched 4.0 kernel in the latest restorecd, or -current one will
work with such devices, though they don't have USB device nodes
as noted in another mail.

But current EHCI/UHCI/OHCH drivers completely lack
bus_dmamap_sync(9) calls so there might be DMA cache
coherent problem on heavy load.
---
Izumi Tsutsui