Subject: Re: restorecd, fdisk problems on cobalt
To: None <eau@phear.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/31/2007 17:04:20
> Cobalt: bfd
> BOOTLOADER ramcode: selected partition /dev/hda1
> Decompressing done
> Executing bootloader kernel...
> Jump_to_Real_Kernel: disk error, trying BFD again
> BOOTLOADER ramcode: selected partition /dev/hdc1
> Decompressing - done
> Executing bootloader kernel...
> Jump_to_Real_Kernel: disk error, trying BFD again
> get_root_dev: nr_boot_failures 0x00000002 exceeds maxtries 0x00000002
> for boot_index 0x00000000

This means the cobalt firmware fails to load a boot file
from Linux ext2fs partition, i.e.
- no Linux Root partition in MBR
- no valid ext2fs partition
- no valid boot file (/boot/vmlinux.gz or so)
etc.

> # fdisk wd0
> [1]   Trace/BPT trap          fdisk wd0
 :

Hmm, I can't test it right now because I've been in my hometown
during new year holidays, but I'll see how the problem can be
reproduced.
---
Izumi Tsutsui