Subject: Re: restorecd, fdisk problems on cobalt
To: None <eau@phear.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/30/2007 05:06:22
eau@phear.org wrote:

> is that ok ?

I'm not sure if it works, but modifying scripts in
restorecd/data/cobalt/install/scripts/ and then
executing restorecd script is more straightforward.

Anyway I don't know if your modified scripts are okay.

> > fdisk(8) has less sanity checks and it might get the error by
> > divide-by-zero if your disk has inconsistent geometry numbers in MBR.
>
> hmm so shall I clear the MBR and restore it from another machine to be
> able to use it with the restorecd ISO i created ?

If you can get a single user prompt on nfsroot,
you could clear it by "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rwd0d count=1" or so.

fdisk(8) seems problematic on non-x86 ports (which don't have BIOS values),
but I have not tracked what triggers it.
---
Izumi Tsutsui