Subject: Re: restorecd, fdisk problems on cobalt
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Auge <eau@phear.org>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/29/2007 20:46:39
--------------enigEADB7851B6B7248D42539089

Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> eau@phear.org wrote:
>=20
>> I replaced the nfsroot/install/scripts/install* scripts by modified on=
es
>> in order to change the partitioning.
>=20
> How did you change them?

First, I executed the restorecd script.

I let him do the job to create the restorecd directory completely.

Second I went into the restorecd/nfsroot/install/scripts/ directory, I
replaced the scripts by my modified ones.

Then I finally checked the restorecd script for the mkisofs command and
options and did the same to create the iso file from the restorecd
directory.

As the cdboot-big1.fs was not created or existing i took another from a
previous restorecd as I haven't investigated how it is created.

all that was a quick hack in order to change partitioning.

is that ok ?

>=20
>> the cobalt boot nicely but I keep getting this error from fdisk
>> at the time it takes information from the hard drive (fdisk -S /dev/wd=
0)
>>  and on each call to fdisk.
>>
>> # fdisk -S /dev/wd0
>> [1]   Trace/BPT trap          fdisk -S /dev/wd0
>=20
> fdisk(8) has less sanity checks and it might get the error by
> divide-by-zero if your disk has inconsistent geometry numbers in MBR.

hmm so shall I clear the MBR and restore it from another machine to be
able to use it with the restorecd ISO i created ?

> ---
> Izumi Tsutsui

Thanks,
Regards,