Subject: Re: USB support on a Qube 2
To: None <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: KIYOHARA Takashi <kiyohara@kk.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/22/2007 23:01:54
Hi! Tsutsui-san,

From: Sevan / Venture37 <venture37@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 03:19:53 +0000

> I've tried to recompile a kernel with usb support but have failed miserably twice now, using the instructions here:
> http://www.aironaut.ch/content/view/27/53/
> I added
> # USB Controller and Devices
> options         USBVERBOSE      # verbose USB device autoconfig messages
>
> # PCI USB controllers
> # The EHCI is not ready for prime time.
> #ehci*  at pci? dev ? function ?        # Enhanced Host Controller
> ohci*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # Open Host Controller
> uhci*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # Universal Host Controller (Intel)

  ... snip ...

> to my kernel config & compiled a new kernel
> upon rebooting the kernel panics after the second usb port is detected, here's a copy of the dmesg output:

> uhub1: Acer Labs OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
> uhub1: 2 ports with 2 removable, self powered
> ohci2 at pci0 dev 10 function 2: Acer Labs M5237 USB 1.1 Host Controller (rev. 0x03)
> panic: icu_intr_establish(): irq 0 is already in use
> Stopped in pid 0.1 (swapper) at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4:        jr      ra
>                 bdslot: nop
> db>

I think that the thing that two or more interrupt can be registered is
necessary for cobalt.  There is certainly a problem that Firmware doesn't
set interrupts.  I want to examine where of ICU the interrupt line of
cobalt PCI is connected.
However, I can't obtain the spare cobalt yet.

Thanks,
--
kiyohara