Subject: Re: cross building packages?
To: Chuck Tuffli <chuck@tuffli.net>
From: Erik Berls <cyber@netbsd.org>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/27/2007 23:13:24
There was some work done by the pkgsrc guys on crossbuilding.  But I
recall it being complex, and requiring kernel support on the host.
And even then they only had it "working" on ARM and one other arch.

That said, I'd love it if someone would take up the torch and get it
working for mips in general, and cobalt in specific.  Personally, I
just let an extra machine grind along if no-one had uploaded a built
package.

-=erik.

--
"Too bad $VOLUNTEERS don't get their act together and provide
$SOLUTION_TO_VERY_DIFFICULT_PROBLEM in a decent fashion"  -- from IRC,