Subject: Inappropriate ioctl for device with wi0 on -current
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Christian von Kleist <cvonkleist@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 09/22/2007 18:45:42
I recently decided to track -current on my Qube 2, so I installed it a
few days ago from a recent -current restore CD and it seems quite
stable!  :)

However, I need support for my PRISM2.5 wireless card, so I enabled
wi0 in the kernel config file (by copying the config line for wi* from
i386 GENERIC) and recompiled.  Now when I do 'ifconfig wi0 ssid
MySSID' I get "Inappropriate ioctl for device":

# ifconfig wi0 ssid Bender9000
ifconfig: SIOCS80211NWID: Inappropriate ioctl for device
# uname -a
NetBSD  4.99.31 NetBSD 4.99.31 (HAKO) #0: Thu Sep 20 17:00:52 UTC 2007
 cvk@:/usr/src/sys/arch/cobalt/compile/HAKO cobalt

Anyone know why that could be?  (My apologies if this is not relevant
to port-cobalt.)

P.S.:  Why are some devices like wi* missing from the GENERIC cobalt
config?  Shouldn't they all be there, but simply commented out?