Subject: Re: questions about latest beta iso
To: list Cobalt NetBSD <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Brian <brian-list@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/30/2007 15:32:53
On Aug 30, 2007, at 1:20 PM, Erik Berls wrote:

> Yes, the bootloader will support larger kernels, but only on local
> disks.
>
> The bootloader doesn't yet support netbooting.  So if you need to
> netboot the kernel, you need to pay attention to the old restrictions.
>
> -=erik.

ah, that helps.

But for making a restore CD with tons-o-stuff in the final installed
kernel, once netbooted you would just copy over the loaded /netbsd,
right?  Once the qube boots on its own then you'd be golden.

Or perhaps there is something in that workflow that I don't grasp, as
I haven't built it that way before.

Brian