Subject: Re: any support for wireless cards?
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Erik Berls <cyber@netbsd.org>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/09/2007 10:19:04
Last I checked attempting to boot off a slave drive using the second
stage didn't pass parameters in correctly (it may load the right
kernel, but then does the wrong thing with root).  Net booting using
the second stage was completely non-functional.

Using just the firmware to do either of these functions works
correctly.  However, the firmware (definitely on a raq2) *does* have a
limitation on size.

I'm unhappy that those features were lost with the addition of the
second stage boot.  (Despite cdi@ calling it a 1st stage, the firmware
really is the first stage.)

Has this changed?

-=erik.

--
"Too bad $VOLUNTEERS don't get their act together and provide
$SOLUTION_TO_VERY_DIFFICULT_PROBLEM in a decent fashion"  -- from IRC,