Subject: Re: any support for wireless cards?
To: None <>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/03/2007 19:39:05 wrote:

> On a lark, I threw an Aironet 350 card into a Qube 2 running 4.0_BETA2
> just to see what dmesg(8) would report.  Sadly, it was the standard
> "not configured" message:
> Aironet Wireless Communications PCI350 Wireless LAN Adapter
> (miscellaneous network, revision 0x01) at pci0 dev 10 function 0 not
> configured
> Has anyone had any success with earlier versions of NetBSD running on a Qube?

The Aironet card seems supported (i.e. NetBSD has a driver for it),
but it isn't configured in cobalt kernels.
It should just work on a kernel which has
> an*	at pci? dev ? function ?	# Aironet PC4500/PC4800 (802.11)
line in its config file like i386/conf/GENERIC.
See the NetBSD guide for details:
etc. to rebuild kernels from sources.

If it works, I'll also add it to cobalt/conf/GENERIC etc.
Izumi Tsutsui