Subject: Apache and mod_ssl - refusing connections on https?
To: list NetBSD Cobalt <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/29/2007 23:53:06
Hi people,

Ok, I know this is a little off topic but you guys are always really
helpfull.

I've been trying to get https working with apache today, and it's
beginning to make my face ache.

Basically when I try to view a page via https I get connection
refused.

This is what I've done so far:

1) Copied the example openssl cfg from examples to
/etc/openssl/openssl.cnf

2)Generated my server key, then pem file then the csr and crt.

3)Then coppied them all into ssl.key (server.pem, server.key),
ssl.csr (server.csr) and ssl.crt (server.crt).

4) Made sure ssl.conf is pointing to these files properly and is
listening on port 443 (Listen <ipaddress>:443)

5) Made sure ssl.conf is included in httpd.conf properly

6) check that mod_ssl.c is compiled in with https -l

.... And still nothing, it cant be listening on 443.

If I do the following:

#openssl s_client -connect localhost:443 -state -debug

I get:

connect: Connection refused
connect:errno=61
I've even tried copying all my virtual hosts and changing :80 to
:443, still nothing.

This is really the first time I've ever touched ssl, so I'm hoping
I'm missing something really dumb.

?

Any ideas?

Cheers