Subject: Re: Qube2 power supply longevity with big drive?
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: James Hartley <jjhartley@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/29/2007 09:57:03
On 7/29/07, Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, while you're at it, know of a source for that funny looking
> plug so I don't have to take apart my stock one?

Daniel Sinclair posted information here to port-cobalt about Kycon on July 7th:

http://domino2.kycon.com/WebStockMT.nsf/TXSLT4inv3var?OpenAgent&start=1&max=20&search=FIELD+StockPartNumber+CONTAINS+KPPX-3P+AND+NOT+KPPX-3P-

In that same thread (July 6th), there was discussion about a laptop
power with the Qube 2 connector for sale on eBay:

http://lcdpayless.com/

Serendipitously, I had bought one of these a few days before given
that LCDPayless ends up being within driving distance.  In short, the
(cheap as in quality) power supply has the standard round laptop
connector, but also has an adapter cable ending with the less than
mainstream Qube 2 connector.  So alternatives are out there, or you
can fabricate your own.

FWIW.

Jim