Subject: Re: RaQ1 / Stock NetBSD Recovery ISO
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Robert P. Thille <list-netbsd-port-cobalt@rangat.org>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/12/2007 11:45:18
Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> I wrote:
>
>> With some quick tests, GENERIC on netbsd-4 20070606 tree works
>> but GENERIC on netbsd-4 20070607 doesn't.
>>
>> The problem seems that args passed from bootloader to kernel are
>> somewhat corrupted, but I have not tracked which change causes it.
>
> Hmm, I'm not sure what's the actual problem,
> but bootloader in the latest 4.0_BETA2 base.tgz
> can load the latest 4.0_BETA2 GENERIC kernel.
> (though my old (4.99.3) loader can load -current GENERIC kernel
>  while it fails to load 4.0_BETA2 GENERIC)

Speaking of bootloaders, I have some local changes to the cobalt
bootloader to make it support booting from a RAIDFrame Mirror

I guess I should send-pr these, but if someone with commit access is
reading...
http://www.rangat.org/rthille/Computer/NetBSD/Misc/sys-arch-cobalt-stand-boot-wd.c.diff

Robert

--
Robert Thille                7575 Meadowlark Dr.; Sebastopol, CA 95472
Home: 707.824.9753    Office/VOIP: 707.780.1560     Cell: 707.217.7544