Subject: Re: possible fan for Qube 2
To: Brian <brian-list@comcast.net>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 06/19/2007 08:22:23
On 6/19/07, Brian <brian-list@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi; it's warm in summer here and I like to keep the fan "installed"
> on the Qube 2; but the stock one is doesn't get any quieter.
> There are a couple web pages with suggestions for Pabst fans etc but
> they aren't cheap.
> I saw this post  from  Debian/MIPS list:
>
> http://mailgate.dada.net/linux/linux.debian.ports.mips/msg12298.html
>
> and the fan he mentions is on ebay for a reasonably good price:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270132826600
>
> 14dBA sounds like a nice change.  It's on the way.

So that replacement is 6CFM. Any idea on what the stock one is? It's
probably not that much, but I'm not sure about that.

I guess since people have proven that you don't even really need a
fan, anything you put on there would probably be fine. Although I do
know that these newer hard drives crank out the heat, and my opinion
is that a fan is needed with a newer hard drive. And hopefully the
power supply can keep up.

Andy