Subject: Re: Current kernel: *** Failed target: machdep.o
To: Dennis <mips128@gmx.net>
From: Robert P. Thille <list-netbsd-port-cobalt@rangat.org>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/17/2007 12:04:15
Dennis wrote:
> Hello Everyone.
>
> After having no luck in binary upgrading my qube2 to the new current and
> having no experiences in debugging a kernel or how to do this over a
> serial port (sorry), I just reinstalled 3.99.17 with the restore cd and
> got me the src tar balls.
>
> I know that 3.99.17 isn't stable, but I knew it wouldn't crash in the
> first 12h of compiling. I thought this would give me enough time to
> build the toolchain and a new kernel and then reboot with this kernel to
> build the userland. That was my theory.
> I had no trouble building the toolchain, but compiling the kernle always
> fails (I tried it with the GENERIC and the INSTALL config). It alway
> fails at this point:
engineering website: http://releng.netbsd.org/

Here's the latest build (failure) output for cobalt:
http://releng.netbsd.org/builds/HEAD/200703160002Z/cobalt.build.failed

> I have no clue if I have made a mistake or what is wrong. Can somebody
> give me a hint what I can try to make it compile?

Looks like (from another email) you should just need to cvs update the
file that was failing and then rebuild...

> Thanks a lot for all the support :)

Glad you complained, I'd just been hoping someone would notice and fix
it :-)

Robert

--
Robert Thille                7575 Meadowlark Dr.; Sebastopol, CA 95472
Home: 707.824.9753    Office/VOIP: 707.780.1560     Cell: 707.217.7544