Subject: After newlock2 merge: Different pthread behavior for userland programs?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Markus W Kilbinger <mk@kilbi.de>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 02/17/2007 10:40:37
Hi!

Just for my clarification;

Do(es) the recent newlock2 changes / merge show up in a (n interim?)
different bahvior for userland porograms?

I'm running asterisk on a cobalt qube2 which works quite flawlessly
(well, only core dumps at shutdown) with recent pre-newlock2 -current
kernel and userland (especially libpthread*).

After updating the whole machine to the newlock2 base (kernel +
userland) asterisk seems to startup fine, but does no longer accept
(all) incoming phone calls!?

Just reverting to my most recent pre-newlock2 kernel and libpthread*
(source of Feb 7th) restores the old, correct asterisk behavior.

It does not seem to depend on asterisk compilation environment (it
compiles fine with newlock and pre-newlock2 userland), newlock2 and
pre-newlock2 compiled asterisks both show the faulty behavior with
newlock2 kernel and libpthread* and both work fine with the
pre-newlock2 kernel and libpthread*.

So, does the newlock2 merge result in a different pthread
functionality for userland programs?

Any comments/explanations appreciated,

Markus.