Subject: make distribution: qube hangs
To: list NetBSD Cobalt <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Dennis <mips128@gmx.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/30/2007 16:57:39
Hi everyone,

last week I got the HDD for the qube2, so I downloaded the last Restore
CD from July 2006 (of course, current). The first thing I "tried" to do
was updating the the OS to the newest current version. So I got the tar
balls, unpacked them to /usr/src and build the toolchain.
Next thing I tried to do was build the distribution and it took too
long, therefore, I went to bed on friday. Next morning I took a look at
my shell and it hang, I couldn't ping the qube. So I had no chance,
except rebooting. I started the build again and went to work. When I
came home (around 8 hours later), it was still running, but an hour
later it hang again. I have tried to build distribution three times now,
and the qube freezes every time after around 6-10 hours.

I really want to get qube to build packages and, unfortunatley, I don't
have a serial cable, so it doesn't make sense to cross compile the new
current, because I won't be able to install it.

Has somebody build a newer restore CD or has somebody binary build of a
newer, more stable, current?

Thank you so far!

Bye,
Dennis